I have cards!!!

So I was telling my best friend about our fun time at the dentist the other day. You can read about it here if you haven't yet./today-in-grief-9-29-16-20-12. The synopsis is we went to the dentist and I was totally thrown off guard when the receptionist asked me if Dan's phone number was the best number to reach us at. I fumbled through words and finally left without explaining to the receptionist that my husband was dead. It was very awkward.

My best friend being totally awesome saw my predicament and came up with an amazing idea. She said I needed dead husband business cards. We laughed and laughed about how I needed dead husband cards that I could just hand out to people like that and then just walk away with out ever having to say anything. How convenient, I could give them to receptionists, store clerks, people that ask me if my husband can help me unload the car when I get home, moms at school, really they are good for any number of things. I could even give them to friends when they start acting as if they've forgotten or they think I should "be better by now" Just hand them a card as a little reminder and walk away.

AND A FEW DAYS LATER I GOT THESE IN THE MAIL


500 OF THESE BABIES TO PASS OUT TO WHOEVER I DEEM WORTHY

I LOVE THEM

I'll give you it's different, and it might weird some people out. But they are so awesome. I fully intend to use them. Whats more is they are a good laugh, at least for me. That's what you do when your 34 and your husband dies. You cry, you scream, you shake your fists at God, you flip off your dead husband, you are seriously sad and seriously depressed, and you laugh, you have to, if you can't find some way to laugh you will never make it,

P.S. I highly recommend all widows get some of these cards.


I wrote a book about my grief, you can read it here: Carry on Castle

Comments

  1. I think it's genius! And I can understand the humor too. I think Dan would laugh too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's genius! And I can understand the humor too. I think Dan would laugh too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PTSD is not for sissys

The Floor

Milestones in grief